King Fouad laid the foundation stone for the municipal building, the cinema, and the library on November 8, 1930. The western section of the building was initially called “Farouk Cinema and Teatro”, and then the name was changed from “Farouk Cinema” to “Municipality Cinema” in 1952. In 1977, when the name was changed to "The Winter Victory Cinema". Finally, it was called “Damanhour Theater and Opera”, while the library was called “King Fouad Library”, and then it was named after the late writer Tawfiq Al-Hakim. The municipality building is located in the eastern section and the cinema and theater building in the western section.